So my hair turned 3 on the 18th of July! I honestly was planning on skipping the nappiversary/length check post but @kinkchic on Instagram left a comment on one of my posts talking about the nappiversary post so I just had to do it.
What were my goals from my two year nappiversary and how well did I do?
- Get a trim and try to get trims when needed from now on. ~ I got a trim in September last year and I did a post about it here. Haven’t gotten any other one since then.
- More protective styling. ~ I have actually done kind of well with this although I can do better.
- Growth and length retention. ~ My hair grew (as you will see in the pictures below) but it did not grow as much or I did not retain as much length as I had anticipated 😦
- Stop hand-in-edges syndrome. ~ Epic fail! I think I am even worse now 😦 My hands are always in my edges/nape when I am bored or thinking.
- Kick dandruff’s ass (for real this time). ~ I think I have done well with this. I haven’t exactly eradicated it completely but it is under control and it is not a huge bother any longer.
- Be more adventurous with:
- Styling ~ Nope
- Products ~ Kind of; I’ve tried new products this past year
- Techniques ~ Kind of but in a “bad” way. I’ve developed techniques to aid my growing laziness; techniques that make me spend less time and energy on my hair.
Goals for the year ahead? None! I’m just going to wing it and see how it goes.
How’s your hair doing? Do you have any short or long term goals for your hair? Please share!
Have a great week!