I know, I know; I’ve been gone for exactly a month. I am so so so sorry for the long, unannounced and unplanned break. Forgive me pretty please *puppy dog eyes*
I hope you missed me oh because I missed you guys. And shoutout to sweet Debbie who sent me an email asking if I was okay and why I hadn’t blogged in a while.
I have a couple of posts planned so hopefully I can make it up to you guys.
I decided to remove all my work junk and leave the things you will find in my bag almost all the time.
1. Sunglasses: To avoid unnecessary headaches, squinting, eye contact, small talk etc. Also to look like a cool kid and so people don’t catch you staring. I bought these at Mr Price, Accra.
2. Phones: D’uh! What is life without one. (The other one isn’t in the picture)
3. Hand Sanitizer: Let me shamefully admit that I’ve had ‘OCD’ habits long before Ebola started being shared like party rice so I always had this. These days, I’ve sort of overcome it so this bottle is empty but I carry it around and squeeze out whatever I can in emergencies.
4. Wallet: A gift bought from South Africa by a friend.
5. Power Bank: For emergencies.You don’t want to be stuck somewhere boring/unfamiliar with a dead battery. How will you pretend you’re occupied?
6. Watch: I put it on when I get to my destination and take it off before my commute home. I don’t want anyone attacking me because my watch looks expensive.
7. Lip balm: One is EOS in blueberry acai and the other is Lip Smacker in Fanta grape.
8. Lipstick: I carry whatever lipstick I’m wearing that day in my bag in case I need to touch up.
9. Earphones: Because I like to listen to music. Also helps me avoid small talk from all these guys that be like “hexcuse me sister, can I meet you?” (Although some will tap you despite the earphones. One actually tapped me and asked if he could share my music)
10. ID Card: Just in case you need to be identified or you go to the bank. Also I need it for work.
11. Pad: For emergencies both for me and someone in need.
12: Charger: Emergencies again.
13: Bobby pins and hair band: In case I need to pin my hair or put it in a pony tail.
14. Powder and brush: For touch ups. And the powder mirror is also handy.
I usually have a pen too but I couldn’t find it until I was done taking the picture. You don’t want to be that annoying lady begging for a pen at the bank; or anywhere in fact.
So I’m tagging the following people to do this post (It’s so hard to choose because I feel like everyone has been tagged already):
1. Desola- Dee Mako
2. Bukky- The Life of Bey
3. Rachel- Beautifully Nappy
4. Chinwe- Igbo Curls
5. Ify- Ify’s Musings
6. Anyone who’s interested! Be sure to let me know so I can check it out.
What are the things that are constantly in your bag? Please share.