I know, I know; I’ve been gone for exactly a month. I am so so so sorry for the long, unannounced and unplanned break. Forgive me pretty please *puppy dog eyes*
I hope you missed me oh because I missed you guys. And shoutout to sweet Debbie who sent me an email asking if I was okay and why I hadn’t blogged in a while.
I have a couple of posts planned so hopefully I can make it up to you guys.
So, I was tagged by Alex of Nappy Haired and Oyime of Oyime’s Musings to do this post and after an eternity, I am finally doing it.
I decided to remove all my work junk and leave the things you will find in my bag almost all the time.
1. Sunglasses: To avoid unnecessary headaches, squinting, eye contact, small talk etc. Also to look like a cool kid and so people don’t catch you staring. I bought these at Mr Price, Accra.
2. Phones: D’uh! What is life without one. (The other one isn’t in the picture)
3. Hand Sanitizer: Let me shamefully admit that I’ve had ‘OCD’ habits long before Ebola started being shared like party rice so I always had this. These days, I’ve sort of overcome it so this bottle is empty but I carry it around and squeeze out whatever I can in emergencies.
4. Wallet: A gift bought from South Africa by a friend.
5. Power Bank: For emergencies.You don’t want to be stuck somewhere boring/unfamiliar with a dead battery. How will you pretend you’re occupied?
6. Watch: I put it on when I get to my destination and take it off before my commute home. I don’t want anyone attacking me because my watch looks expensive.
7. Lip balm: One is EOS in blueberry acai and the other is Lip Smacker in Fanta grape.
8. Lipstick: I carry whatever lipstick I’m wearing that day in my bag in case I need to touch up.
9. Earphones: Because I like to listen to music. Also helps me avoid small talk from all these guys that be like “hexcuse me sister, can I meet you?” (Although some will tap you despite the earphones. One actually tapped me and asked if he could share my music)
10. ID Card: Just in case you need to be identified or you go to the bank. Also I need it for work.
11. Pad: For emergencies both for me and someone in need.
12: Charger: Emergencies again.
13: Bobby pins and hair band: In case I need to pin my hair or put it in a pony tail.
14. Powder and brush: For touch ups. And the powder mirror is also handy.
I usually have a pen too but I couldn’t find it until I was done taking the picture. You don’t want to be that annoying lady begging for a pen at the bank; or anywhere in fact.
So I’m tagging the following people to do this post (It’s so hard to choose because I feel like everyone has been tagged already):
1. Desola- Dee Mako
2. Bukky- The Life of Bey
3. Rachel- Beautifully Nappy
4. Chinwe- Igbo Curls
5. Ify- Ify’s Musings
6. Anyone who’s interested! Be sure to let me know so I can check it out.
What are the things that are constantly in your bag? Please share.
25 thoughts on “What’s in my bag”
I missed you Jen, hope you enjoyed your sabbatical leave? 😉
LOL! My heart skipped a beat when I saw “Bukky – The Life of Bey”
I wanted to do that earlier but since no one tagged me I was happy I didn’t have to stall on the post.
We pretty much have almost the same things in our bags.
Looking forward to your post!
Finally oh a post . Our bag contents are the same for my church bag .but my school bag has a laptop and books and yes most important food and snacks for boring classes 😌😌
I always leave my laptop at work/home. Ain’t nobody got time for load.
Maybe I should start carrying snacks too because I end up buying.
ha, the laptop is a must oh who wants to be writing in class, plus if the class is boring just go online and shop. as for the food who jas time to be buying snacks from overpriced vending machines when you can buy a whole pack for a cheaper price from Walmart.
LOL! You have some really good points there
loool at the pad. Not strange though but lol still. Different bags, different items hehe.
Please don’t go mia on us again, some of us enjoy your blog u know.
Aww, thank you so much!
I know right; like how I think it’s weird you have toothpicks in yours and Dark Child Love Thy Hair has disposable gloves(I was in shock when I read her post the other day).
Different bags really do have different quirky items
Yayy you finally did it :D. Lool I can’t believe someone still tapped you to ask if he could share your music.
I know right? Only in Lagos
Being a cyber-stalker and proud,I was counting down to when I had to attack you on IG to come back to us,since some of us need our weekly dose of some Jen-sugar.Glad you’re back.Still cracking up over the dude that wanted to share your music…hope you rebuked him IJN.
Aww, you guys are making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside with all these your comments.
That dude though! I said ‘no’ and plugged my ears back and he still tapped me and started telling me about how he’s on holiday in Lagos and we should hang out that evening at his hotel. He said he was staying at Best Western. Meanwhile all of this was happening inside a danfo. And for someone on holiday, he was quite familiar with the different bus stops *rolls eyes*
Awwnn! We have alot in common! We really missed you Jen. I was on a blog stalking parol o. For real.
I’m guilty on the hand sanitizer end. I mean the empty bottle. Constantly looking for someone to pilfer from so i can refill from the big jar in their bathrooms. lol.
Meanwhile, crazy bus experiences akin to yours can be found here: https://allandthensome.wordpress.com/2013/11/07/64/
Drives me nuts!
I also steal from people to refill mine!
Off to check out your blog
Aww…you tagged me. Thank you. I’m wondering why I didn’t get a notification on this. It would have been rude not to reply but thank God I stalk your posts enough. I let you know when I put up mine.
Btw, your number 9 is hilarious! I used to do that a lot when I was uni but now I just walk extremely fast so only determined guys actually chase me. haha.
I walk fast too! You would think that walking fast + earphones would keep them away but nah, some are super persistent.
Looking forward to your post!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I did this tag like in 2013 or so. Lol
It was nice reading yours!!
Thank you 😀
Am sooooooooooooo glad you are back *big hug* :D.
Tnx for the S/o, B.
Thank you so much Debbie! *bug hug*
Pingback: A few of my favourite things- April | Nigerian and natural
missed u Jennifer. When next are u coming to Ghana? How come u still av stuff from shop rite Accra? 😳
Or u come without asking of me
LOL! No na; how can.
I’ve come like 2/3 times in the past 2 years.
Perhaps when my sister is graduating I’ll come.