I’ve been seeing people air all their hair’s dirty laundry on various blogs under the tag “Curl Confessions” and I decided to also let the breeze blow this fowl’s butt.
Without further ado, here are a few of my “dirty little secrets”:
1. It seems like I am constantly in a war with dandruff. Sometimes I win the battle for a while but in the long run dandruff runs this war.
2. I haven’t done a protein treatment in ages. I honestly can’t be bothered.
3. I have soooo many single strand knots!!!! They drive me so crazy!
4. I break off the aforementioned knots with my hands. I just yank at them.
5. I’m forever playing with the hair at my edges and nape. This is a horrible habit that I believe is the major reason for my having much shorter hair in those areas.
6. I have hand-in-hair syndrome. Nos 3,4 and 5 must have given you a clue.
7. I am very heavy handed with products especially conditioner. As a member of team cheapskate, this is bad for business as I’m always running out of stuff.
8. I have moments when I think about relaxing my hair.
9. I’m forever obsessing about my hair growing; stretching it this way and that way to see if it has grown in the last 5 minutes, daydreaming about all the styles I’ll do when it’s loooonnngg.
10. Given the funds, opportunity and funds(yes I said funds twice), I would be the Product Junkie of life! Like I would probably go gaga and need rehab.
11. Many times I can’t even be bothered to be gentle cos I don’t have the time or patience. I will pull my hair, comb/detangle aggressively, comb my hair dry etc.
12. I’ve only ever had leave in conditioner twice(although I just invested in some now cos I’m trying to change). Usually I just seal my damp hair with oil or use my regular rinse-out conditioner as a leave in and call it a day.
13. I usually forget to wash my satin bonnet often. The next one I buy has to be white or a light colour so I can see when it’s dirty and be shamed into washing it.
I’ll stop here cos right now I can’t think of any more. Remember God said we should not judge oh!
Do you do any of the things I’ve listed? Do you do worse? Or are you a saint in the hair department? Let us know in the comment section.
In other news, the blog has an email address now. I’ve added it to the “About” page but here it is firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to email me.