This review is long overdue as I’ve finished this product and thrown away the empty container sef.
Disclaimer: All efforts shall be made to curb excessive typing in this post.
I bought this for the fact that I had never really had a dedicated/store-bought deep conditioner; that is, I always did DIY deep conditioners or used my regular rinse out conditioner. Another factor that sealed the deal was that it claimed to alleviate itchy scalp(my number 1 concern in life)
As you can see, this product is chock-full of good stuff! No red flags in sight. Very impressive.
LOOK, SMELL AND CONSISTENCY:
I like the packaging of this product. I think it looks nice. As for the product itself, it has a grayish colour and is thick(not excessively thick so it washes out easily). This product smells like a mix bananas and sand/earth to me(that’s the only way I can describe it. I don’t mind the smell)
CLAIMS + DIRECTIONS:
HOW I USED IT:
I would typically put it on my hair and scalp after shampooing, put on a shower cap and leave it in for an hour or more(depending on how lazy I am to rinse it out and carry on with the rest of wash day). No heat used.
- It’s moisturizing. I can use this after shampooing/clarifying and rest assured that my hair will be soft and moisturized.
- It has great ingredients. I don’t have to worry about the big bad scary ingredients I try so hard to avoid.
- A little goes a long way. I don’t need too much product for it to work.
- It has slip. I can detangle with this.
- It’s not so cheap. At N3200(when I bought it), it’s not the cheapest kid on the blox.
- It doesn’t do much for my itchy scalp. I did not notice much/any difference. Then again, perhaps I wasn’t consistent.
- It’s small for its price. For N3200, I would have expected more product. I got about 6-8 uses out of it(from my guesstimation) and I was trying to use it ‘gently’.
WOULD I REPURCHASE:
Probably not(except they dash me). I can get the same moisture from a cheaper product. If it actually worked for my itchy scalp, I would have said a definite yes.
I give this product 3/5.
WHERE TO BUY:
- The Kinky Apothecary for N2900
- Olori for N3300
Have you tried this product before? What did you think? What deep conditioner should I try? Let me know in the comments.
P.s: My Abuja people, there is a hair and makeup shop in Gwarimpa, Abuja. They sell natural hair care products, 100% Virgin human hair and makeup.
Brands and products include:
-Tropical Isle Living
-Creme of Nature
-KTC Organic Oils
-100% Organic Argan oil
-Organic Coconut Oil
-Tea Tree Oil
Makeup brands include:
-Dose of colors
Address- House 47, 3rd Avenue opposite Shirley’s confectionery and Yogurberry Gwarinpa Estate Abuja.
Have an awesome weekend!