It’s the first day of the year and guess who’s back from an unplanned sabbatical!
In the days leading up to today, I was so excited and then 9pm yesterday comes around and I’m like “yeah, I’m going to bed guys”. In the words of Wizkid, “I can’t explaiiiin”.
As you know, I moved last year to a different neighborhood. I was used to going to a church close to my old house every New Year’s Eve.
If you go to church on New Year’s Eve, you know the excitement usually is out of this world. And this year, there I was on New Year’s Eve in my new house with no church to go to. I’m guessing this may be why my excitement drifted away.
So as sleep took over at about 9pm, I decided to set an alarm for 11.57pm so I could be awake into the new year. I don’t really remember if I heard the alarm but I think it was the noise from fireworks that woke me up suddenly. I looked at the time and it was 12.06am! I slept my way into 2016! I hurriedly said a prayer along the lines of “Thank you Lord” etc and dozed off.
I know I drifted in and out of sleep because of the noise from the fireworks outside.
Where I lived before, we would all sit in the balcony and watch fireworks for hours! One of the times I woke up last night, I toyed with the idea of going outside to watch the fireworks but sleep seemed more appealing so I slept right back.
However, I woke up this morning with renewed excitement!
I am so confident that God has so much planned for me in 2016 and I hope you have this conviction too!
Here are some highlights from my 2015:
- Almost 3 times more views that 2014
- 2 times more posts than 2014
- Top commenters were Chinwe, Ore Adeyinka, Alex, Grace and Debbie. (Thank you darlings!)
- Instapicks of the Week came to be
- I started doing outfit posts
- I was featured on other blogs here, here and here
- I had my first giveaway
- I started (very inconsistently) sharing my monthly favourite things
- Even though I haven’t done as well as I had hoped, I started saving like I said here
- I started a business! *somersaults* I sell on Jumia, recently registered on Konga and I also sell offline. I hope to share it with you guys soon.
- Contrary to my plan to lose weight, I think I may have gained weight *weeps*
That’s about it! I’m sure I could have come up with more highlights if I had properly planned this post but hey, maybe 2016 is all about spontaneity. I mean, if planning would cause procrastination and perhaps make you quit, just throw caution to the wind and go for it right there and then.
2016 blog goals:
- Post more consistently
- Give the blog a new/better look
- Feature other bloggers
- Introduce more categories/ different content
- Read and comment on other blogs more
2016 hair goals:
Pretty much the same as my two year nappiversary goals
2016 life Goals:
I have so many hopes and dreams for 2016. However, I want to keep them to myself for now. I just feel like if I don’t share my goals, I can better deal with not achieving them since they weren’t said out loud. Forgive me if I’m not making sense.
Habits I’d like to form/improve on in 2016:
- Writing/journaling my ideas, plans and goals.
- Drinking water (and not sugary drinks)
- Choosing actual food over junk
- Eating healthy
- Saying what I really feel and speaking up for myself
- Stop biting my nails (The life long battle I will probably never win)
- Blog consistency
- Exercising (I cringed from writing the word alone)
- Worrying less and not overthinking
- Going to church
What are your 2016 goals?
May this year bring you immeasurable joy, peace, progress and success! And may all your dreams come true!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!